We've launched a news section, and we're looking for writers to join our team! You'll be working with our News Editor Lauren Ziegler, who is based in Sydney - but you can be from anywhere!
We'll be writing about music news, sharing interviews, and pulling together playlists for TV and movie soundtracks.
What we're looking for:
- Passionate, vibrant, talented people who are dedicated to writing, music and writing about music
- Witty writers with a personality that shines through your words
- Music lovers with a passion for rap, R&B, electronic, indie & rock
- Experience not necessary but strong spelling and grammar skills are important
- Budding writers who value quality over clickbait
- Creatives who want to go the extra mile and produce outstanding, unique and interesting content
What you'll do:
- News: informative, interesting and up to date music news
- Features: artist features, investigations, humour, op-ed etc.
We know that work/uni comes first. Ideally, we love our writers to commit to 5-10 articles per week, but we're flexible around study and job commitments. Basically, if you commit to a story or deadline, please stick to it. Unfortunately we can't pay you (or ourselves), but you'll get free review tickets for gigs/festivals, free music and interview opportunities. Most of all, you have the unique opportunity to be part of a growing part of Indie Shuffle, to watch it flourish and to help build something you can be proud of. We've got a brilliant, friendly and hilarious team, we're growing bigger every week, and we want you to be a part of it.