Audio: Elaine Grant interviews Monika Vischer about classical summer festivals
Summer classical music festivals in Colorado’s High Country and along the Front Range draw some of the most talented soloists, conductors and orchestra musicians in the world.
When NPR Classical compiled a list of the 10 best summer music festivals in the U.S. a few weeks ago, it included two in Colorado: the Aspen Music Festival and the Bravo! Vail Music Festival.
CPR Classical host Monika Vischer spoke with Elaine Grant about upcoming highlights in Aspen, Vail and other classical music festivals this summer. CPR Classical will broadcast many concerts from these festivals throughout the summer.
A few of this summer's most exciting classical concerts:
- At the Aspen Music Festival - which Vischer calls "pure heaven" - a recital by pianist Jeremy Denk, performing his recently recorded interpretations of Bach's "Goldberg Variations, " on July 23.
- At Bravo! Vail, the New York Philharmonic presents an all-Beethoven program July 19 featuring pianist Yefim Bronfman playing the "Emperor" Piano Concerto No. 5.
- The Central City Opera opens its season June 28 with Mozart's "The Marriage of Figaro."
- Colorado Music Festival opens its season June 29 at Boulder's Chautauqua Auditorium with Mozart's "Haffner" Symphony No. 35, conducted by Michael Butterman of the Boulder Philharmonic.
- Детальная информация tile and granite stores near me у нас.